Background (Why Now?)
Ambulatory care is one of the fastest-growing and highest-margin segments of the health care industry. While COVID-19 has accelerated the interest in ambulatory care, this shift began long before the pandemic, due to consumer demand, payer pressure, and provider opportunity. These trends have only been reinforced by the impacts of COVID-19.
While many health systems have benefited from investing ahead of this trend, significant opportunity remains to be captured. With national chains doubling down, executing on a successful ambulatory strategy has already become table stakes.
Questions to Explore
- To build out a more robust ambulatory presence, should health systems look to acquire, build, or try a partner approach? What is the process for making that decision?
- How do you determine whether to consolidate into hubs and where to expand satellite locations?
- How do you determine what services to include in your ambulatory strategy?
- How does an ambulatory strategy affect your discussions with payers?
- How are you aligning as an executive team on the go-forward ambulatory strategy?
- How do you create a clear picture of shared value for your physician partners?
This virtual event is held in partnership with Waller Lansden Dortch & Davis, LLP.