Disrupting the Commercial Real Estate Market with Steve Ramseur
About this Episode
Steve Ramseur – Managing Director of Occupier Services at JLL (formerly Jones Lang LaSalle), serves up the secret sauce on how the 200-year-old company is building a culture of love that is creating a significant marketplace differentiation that has led to double-digit growth.
During the preparation of one of Steve’s favorite plant-based recipes, kitchari, he outlines the ingredients and approach to how JLL has shifted its culture and how leaders are bringing its philosophy to life in a way that is inspiring, motivating and engaging it’s people.
About Steve Ramseur
As a member of JLL’s Markets executive team, Steve Ramseur leads the firm’s focus on Occupier clients. This includes tenant representation, project management (PDS), and integrated portfolio services (IPS). He has 25+ years of real estate experience in managing global portfolios, transaction management, lease administration, project management, facility management, strategic advisory, and national valuation and property tax expertise for both national and global corporations. Steve also has recent merger and acquisition experience having sourced and led the acquisition of BRG.
Steve has published numerous articles on real estate and the economy. He was the recipient of the F. Grady Stebbins Scholarship of the Society of Real Estate Appraisers and the American Society of Real Estate Counselors Scholarship. He has also served as an instructor for the International Association of Assessing Officers and is a member of the Real Estate Roundtable for the Mays Graduate School at Texas A&M University, where he lectures.
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil
- 2 tablespoons curry powder
- 1 teaspoon turmeric
- 1 teaspoon freshly grated ginger root (whole ginger root on side with micro-plane)
- 8 ounces light coconut milk
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil
- 1 cup red lentils, soaked in boiling water for 15 minute and drained
- 1 cup cooked basmati rice with 1 tsp turmeric mixed in
- 2 cups chop kale
- Pink Himalayan salt
- 3 cups steamed carrots already mashed, two large uncut and uncooked carrots
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon freshly grated ginger
- 1 teaspoon chia seeds
- 1 cup raw carrot ribbons, plus two large uncut and uncooked carrots
- 1 cup fresh cilantro
- 3 tablespoons hemp seed
- 3 tablespoons toasted coconut flakes
- In sauté pan, bloom the curry powder, fresh ginger, and turmeric until fragrant (1 minute). Add the coconut milk and simmer for 3 to 5 minutes.
- In separate pan, sauté the soaked lentils in coconut oil. Add coconut curry sauce and kale to the pan. Stir to combine and allow the kale to wilt.
- Fold the hot cooked rice into the lentil coconut curry mixture. Season with salt to taste.
- Add lemon juice to the carrot mash and swipe on bottom of plate. Serve on top of carrot mash and garnish with carrot ribbons, seeds and coconut flakes.
The Pot Stirrer
A cooking show with business leaders – what? Yes! One part talk show, one part business show, The Pot Stirrer brings together leaders from the world’s most disruptive companies to find out the “secret sauce” behind their success. Leaders dish on the key ingredients of their growing companies, how they create change, how they motivate and inspire their people, and how they win the hearts and minds of their customers. And, they share their favorite recipes.