Disrupting the Airline Industry with Kerry Philipovitch
About this Episode
Kerry Philipovitch, Senior Vice President – Customer Experience at American Airlines, dishes on how the company is engaging and empowering employees to change the customer experience and disrupt the airline industry in the process.
While cooking her favorite white chicken chili recipe, Kerry outlines how leaders are bringing to life the philosophy that customer experiences can never exceed employee experiences and how leaders are helping more than 100,000 employees activate that change.
About Kerry Philipovitch
Kerry Philipovitch is Senior Vice President – Customer Experience at American Airlines, where she is responsbile for coordinating customer experience. This includes reservations, airports in the U.S., customer planning, premium services, customer relations, and central baggage service. She previously was Senior Vice President – Customer Experience at US Airways.
In 2011, Profiles in Diversity Journal named Philipovitch a “Woman Worth Watching,” an award that acknowledged her accomplishments in the airline industry. In 2012, the Phoenix Business Journal selected Philipovitch as one of the most influential business leaders in the Phoenix area for her leadership role at US Airways and for her work with community organizations.
White Chicken Chili
- 1 Tablespoon olive oil
- 1 onion, chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, chopped
- 4 oz. fresh chopped serrano peppers
- 4 oz. diced jalepeno peppers
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon dried oregeno
- 1/3 teaspoon ground cayenne
- 2 (10.5 oz.) cans chicken broth
- 3 cups shredded cooked chicken breasts
- 2 (15 oz.) cans white beans (drained)
- 2 (15 oz.) cans white beans (undrained)
- 2 cups shredded white cheddar
- 1 Stick of cinnamon
- 8-oz container sour cream
- Heat the oil in a large saucepan over medium-low heat. Add the onion and slowly cook, stirring, until tender. Mix in the garlic, jalepeno, serrano peppers, cumin, oregano, cayenne and cinnamon stick.
- Continue to cook and stir the mixture until tender, about 3 minutes.
- Mix in the chicken broth, chicken, and white beans. Simmer 15 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Remove the mixture from heat. Slowly stir in the cheese until melted and serve with a dollup of sour cream.
The Pot Stirrer
A cooking show with business leaders – what? Yes! One part talk show, one part business show, The Pot Stirrer brings together leaders from the world’s most disruptive companies to find out the “secret sauce” behind their success. Leaders dish on the key ingredients of their growing companies, how they create change, how they motivate and inspire their people, and how they win the hearts and minds of their customers. And, they share their favorite recipes.