- Devise a plan. There are times to “wing it”, but this isn’t it! If you have a strategy in place, everyone will start on the same page and have a guide to follow throughout their interactions.
- Empower your employees. You know when a football coach gets a team all fired up during half-time and they bust out of that locker room with a renewed spirit and purpose? You can totally do that too! Give your people the support they need to succeed. Good energy is contagious.
- Arm them with resources. Think about what you can provide your employees that will help them accomplish their jobs better during the holidays. Are there tools that will help them execute on holiday-specific interactions? Training exercises that will put an extra pep in their step? Whatever it is, give them what you can to make their jobs easier.
- Speed it up. Resolution times are always top of mind for customers. They want to be in and out with an answer in hand. And their expectations are even higher during the holidays. Work with your employees to help them decrease resolution times as much as possible and keep everything moving like a well-oiled machine.
- Mind Your Manners. It is ALWAYS important to put your best foot forward in all customer interactions. Make sure your employees feel that holiday spirit and that it’s emanating through their calls. Nobody wants to deal with a Grinch!
While customer service is an area we need to be on top of year round, there is no denying that the holiday season adds an extra dose of urgency to provide a stellar customer experience.