Root Inc. Launches Root® Compass® 3.0
SAN DIEGO – 7 May 2018 – Root Inc., a change consulting company, today announced the availability of Root® Compass® 3.0, the latest version of its manager development experience. This newest iteration of Compass includes a virtual experience that offers organizations greater flexibility in building robust leadership learning initiatives while enabling managers to have options in how they consume the content. Attendees of The Association for Talent Development (ATD) International Conference and Exposition can see Compass 3.0 live and in person at Booth1401 at the San Diego Convention Center from Monday, May 7 through Wednesday, May 9.
Compass 3.0 is an evolution of the immersive experience that has been helping Fortune 1000 brands like American Airlines and Petco to develop their managers for the past 10 years. The new version offers Root clients more flexibility via two delivery options:
- An in-person workshop comprised of two days of highly interactive, memorable content that is experienced in small groups and is peer learning-driven. The workshop is led by facilitators (either from Root or from the organization’s own leadership pool) and incorporates a variety of disruptive methods, such as RootLearning Map® experiences, games, videos, assessments, visual exercises, role-playing, and more.
- A hybrid workshop that includes one day of classroom learning followed by a series of five virtual peer connects. The virtual peer connects mirror the classroom experience as the same small groups are recreated online. Participants are paired with accountability partners to support them in their practice and application of new skills and mindsets, and the classroom facilitator conducts live check-ins to debrief the experience and answer questions.
“Unlike other manager development programs, Root Compass doesn’t focus on just training managers; it is designed to transform them by empowering rising leaders with the skills and insights to thrive in the real world, not just in the classroom,” said Gary Magenta, senior vice president and chief change architect, Root Inc.
Key Features of Compass 3.0
- New virtual capabilities: Managers are supported throughout the virtual experience with tools, resources, and micro-learning challenges to help them apply what they’ve learned and fine-tune their skills in the real world.
- New license options: Clients have new options on how they will deliver the program. For example, if a client buys 200 licenses, they have the flexibility to use them in any combination. They could use 170 licenses for a traditional classroom rollout and the remaining 30 licenses to implement one hybrid session.
- New entertaining and informational video content: The use of film, particularly in a series format, provides valuable education and entertainment featuring relatable fictional characters, thereby increasing learning retention. It will leave managers laughing and will also challenge them to enhance their own manager skills, capabilities and growth opportunities at the same time.
About the ATD International Conference & Exposition
The Association for Talent Development International Conference & Exposition is the largest event for talent development professionals worldwide. ATD 2018 covers all industry subjects and provides participants with an outlook on what the future of talent development holds, preparing them to address new challenges. Over 300 top-rated educational sessions will cover every aspect of the learning industry, with over 400 exhibitors providing the latest products and solutions, and the chance to network with other learning professionals from leading companies around the world, including Amazon, Exxon Mobil, Apple, LEGO, Lockheed Martin and more. This year’s lineup of keynote speakers also includes researcher and thought leader Marcus Buckingham and author, educator and licensed counselor Connie Podesta.
About Root Inc.
The world’s most respected organizations partner with Root Inc. to realize positive change. We activate, motivate, and inspire people to accelerate the speed of change through a combination of disruptive methods, storytelling and interactive experiences. Root’s process of defining the future, building an organizational movement, and creating lasting change is backed by proven research and evolved over 25 years. A bold culture and international reputation for results has attracted two out of every three of the Fortune 50 to work with Root. Change starts at rootinc.com.
# # #Contact Root