Does This Sound Like You?
If you like working together with the team to create interactive educational web applications that are designed to communicate ideas in a fun, immersive way, where you’re helping tell a story, communicate a big idea, and/or make large amounts of information digestible and doable — then we are looking for you!
Root is looking for a candidate with a degree in Computer Science (or an associated field) and/or 1-3 years’ experience in web application development to join our programming team. This position will work with cross functional teams (including developers, designers, artists, film makers and script writers) to create and maintain interactive web applications. We need someone that is great with modern web techniques and enjoys learning new things.
- Develop web applications from mock ups and wireframes
- Help improve the speed and consistency of our code base
- Evolve our deployment process to deliver increased speed and other benefits
- Communicate and collaborate with cross functional partners to create great deliverables
- Manage and estimate the time it takes to complete tasks
- Take ownership of your own schedule and workflow
- A degree in Computer Science, Digital Arts, Game Development, Game Design, Visual Communication or related fields and/or 1-3 years’ experience in web application development
- Strong skills using CSS/SCSS (including responsive design, flexbox, and grid)
- Experience with web animations
- Knowledge of cross browser support and graceful degradation
- Ability to work with external API’s (REST, etc.) and asynchronous request handling
- Experience with version control and collaboration tools, such as Git and Github
- Uses and promotes best-practice web usability guidelines
- Proven track record of being a great team contributor
- A desire and ability to learn
Competencies you may also use on the job:
- Game Development principles (Tooling, Game Engines, OOP)
- Knowledge of Game Design (Gamification, Interactivity)
- Relational and non-relational database structures (SQL, MongoDB, etc)
- Actively contributing to open source projects
- Mobile development platforms (Swift, Objective C, Java)
- Web security practices
If you love what you’ve read so far and you meet the requirements, we want to hear from you!
About Root: The world’s most respected organizations rely on Root to realize positive strategic or cultural change. By engaging and activating people throughout the process, Root uses a combination of visual methods, innovation, and interactivity to achieve measurable and sustainable results. Based on research and evolved over 25 years, we help organizations achieve meaningful change, leaders deliver strategic clarity, and teams close organizational gaps. With a nationally renowned reputation and a bold culture of “whatever it takes,” Root has engaged with a remarkable two out of three Fortune 50 companies.