Technical Support Specialist – Internship
In this six-month internship, you are responsible for providing entry level end user support for software, hardware, and network assistance. Relies on pre-established procedure and instructions to identify, research and resolve technical problems presented through user phone calls or email support requests.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Identify and correct operational issues on client computer systems.
- Operational knowledge of Microsoft and Mac operating systems and Office applications.
- Perform light lifting 25lbs.
- Prioritization of end user issues.
- Prioritize, communicate and resolve issues in a timely manner.
- Proficient in Internet related applications such as e-mail clients and web browsers.
- Provide client support to troubleshoot and resolve help desk issues related to technical difficulties with hardware, software, and the network.
- Provide new hire onboarding documentation.
- Uphold and maintain support for the IT Team Values.
- Bachelor’s degree or pursuing Bachelor’s degree from a four-year college or university required; One+ years general help desk or related IT experience.
- Ability to promptly answer support related email, phone calls and other electronic communications
- Experience with hardware and software issues
- Excellent communication (oral and written), interpersonal, organizational, and presentation skills
- Self-motivated, energetic, detail-oriented and organized.
- knowledge and experience with Mac and Windows Operating Systems, Basic Networking principles, Help Desk software, Internet software and Microsoft Office applications.
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, or other form.