Regional Sales Manager – Detroit/SE Michigan
Does this describe you?
- You’re a relationship guru. You have a passion for meeting people, networking, building relationships, and getting meetings to initiate and advance business opportunities. You love building a vibrant network on your own and through the networks of others.
- You’re a self-starter and have the discipline to work a plan. You exude strong and thorough professional planning to achieve goals and hit targets. You lead with tenacity to open doors, solve problems, assemble teams, and work well under pressure.
- You like being involved in a community. Making a difference in a community is important to you. You go the extra mile to help others. You believe doing good is part of doing well.
- You’re passionate about sales and business development. Leading a process that involves investigating, meeting, probing, applying, convincing, and “tying it up” is near and dear to your heart. You have great ideas and collaborate well internally and externally to achieve results. You relate well with acronyms like CRM, B2B, SOW, and RFP.
- You want to be part of a culture that invigorates the power of human beings to make a difference and have fun doing it. You fervently want to know that your contribution has a meaningful impact and that you are part of a purpose-driven and dynamic team that has fun while doing really, really good work. You’ve been told your sense of humor is contagious. 😊
On any given day at Root, you might…
- Cultivate relationships and build business with prospective clients and internal partners. This is where you put your heart and soul. You’ll establish yourself as a credible subject matter expert and thought leader on driving strategic change with Root’s methodologies and offerings. You’ll partner and collaborate externally and internally to get leads, build interest in Root, position solutions, write proposals, and help close deals. You will work independently in geography plus still spending time at Root’s Sylvania office when needed.
- Plan and deploy marketing efforts. Proven pathways to success include attending conferences and events, following up on marketing-generated leads, pursuing dormant account growth with the support of others, and referrals. You will build a social media presence for yourself and Root in geography, and may even join an association or two. You will excel at opening doors for Root at Fortune 1000 organizations.
- Build consulting muscle by contributing on some projects in market. Our clients face challenges in a variety of areas and it’s important to consistently grow expertise as a consultant.
If you love what you’ve read so far and can meet the desired qualifications below, we want to hear from you!
- Bachelor’s degree required. Master’s degree is a plus.
- Minimum of 3-5 years relevant sales, consulting or business development experience.
- Subject matter expertise on strategic change, deploying strategy, or other meaningful business issues in market.
- Track record of relationship building and generating leads.
- Strengths in presentation or facilitation for Fortune 1000 groups.
The world’s most respected organizations rely on Root to realize positive strategic or cultural change. By engaging and activating people throughout the process, Root uses a combination of visual methods, innovation, and interactivity to achieve measurable and sustainable results. For more than 25 years, Root has helped organizations achieve meaningful change, leaders deliver strategic clarity, and teams close organizational gaps. With a nationally renowned reputation and a bold culture of “whatever it takes,” Root has engaged with more than 70% of Fortune 50 companies.