Does this describe you?
- You’re a learning nerd. Creating best-in-class blended and digital learning experiences for users is your passion. Phrases like user experience, cognitive load and pebble in the pond are near and dear to your heart and you can toss out acronyms like ILT, ADDIE, LMS, and SCORM like it’s nobody’s business.
- You’re an information and technology junkie. You love learning how things work and can process lots of content quickly. You never leave home without your smartphone, and maybe your tablet too.
- You’re a people person with a passion for innovation. You easily build rapport with strangers and find yourself connecting people to big ideas—inside and outside of work.
- You get things done. You thrive in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment. Changes and challenges are the spice of life.
On any given day at Root you might…
- Learn cool content from a client’s Subject Matter Expert: We work closely with clients to learn everything about their business and get the right content to enable their learners to thrive. It’s also pretty darn interesting to learn what happens behind the scenes at Fortune 500 companies.
- Design engaging materials from the client’s content: This is where you put your heart and soul—drafting engaging and enjoyable solutions in multiple types of media. Strong writing, communication, and storytelling skills are a must.
- Collaborate with awesomely talented people: Depending on the type of project you’re on, you could work with other learning designers, a team of artists, quality assurance, programmers, concepts, graphic design—each function is an expert at what they do and its part of your role to bring them all together and deliver world class work.
- Travel to interesting places to test what you’ve built with end users: As the chief advocate for the end user, nothing beats that moment where you get to see how your work measures up. Sometimes we do this virtually. Sometimes we jump on a plane and meet our users face-to-face.
- Rewrite something that you worked hard on: We value collaboration with our clients. This may mean writing a second or third draft of something you thought was perfect. It’s not always easy, but when you develop a final product together it is
- Build a relationship with a client, even if you never meet face-to-face: While we spend a fair amount of time in person with most clients, we do have clients that we only ever get to meet virtually. This doesn’t stop us from connecting with our clients and putting them at the heart of everything we do.
If you love what you’ve read so far and can meet the requirements listed below, we want to hear from you!
- Bachelor’s degree in Instructional Technology, Communications, English, or related field.
- At least three years professional experience designing blended and digital instructional experiences.
- Can provide 1-2 writing or work samples.