Are you passionate about all areas of HR? Are you ready to contribute your strengths and support an HR team committed to invigorating the power of human beings to make a difference?
Root Inc. has an opening on its HR team (known internally as the People Team) for an HR Generalist. Root is a growth company, and people are at the core of our growth. Key elements of this role include ensuring HR data and files are secure and up to date, writing job descriptions, researching market pay and salary ranges, assisting with the design of compensation and benefits programs, and administering payroll and benefit programs.
As a generalist on the team, you will work directly with HR leaders to deliver a high level of service to the organization, as well as work directly with employees, administering specific programs and policies.
Perform a variety of standard and operational responsibilities supporting Root’s talent agenda across all areas of HR.
- Maintain personnel folders, including non-compete agreements and relevant legal compliance
- Prepare and maintain stock award agreements
- Manage any work visas or immigration issues, being the key point of contact with the employee and outside counsel
- Work with outside counsel on any legal matters, as well as with other partners on reference checks, administering assessments, etc.
- Maintain compliance with federal, state, and local employment and benefit laws and regulations
- Administer quarterly and annual incentive programs, including tracking data, developing and running reports, interfacing with account owners and sales leaders on eligibility, communicating awards, and processing payments
- Prepare the annual salary budget for the company. This includes researching market compensation ranges and market raises connected to our performance as a business as inputs. Outputs include reports and scenarios to inform decision-making and assisting with the annual raise process.
- Administer the company’s stock incentive plan, including stock awards, the annual report process, and termination distribution accounts
- Partner on the creation or termination of any compensation or incentive programs
- Administer semi-monthly payroll for the business
- Own the day-to-day operations of Root’s benefits programs, including new hire enrollment, qualifying events, open enrollment, annual pricing and premiums
- Participate and coordinate annual contract negotiation and fiscal year budget for health and wellness programs, working with outside partners where appropriate
- Coordinate the administration of Root’s 401(k) plan in partnership with outside partners, Fidelity and SJS Investments
- Manage FMLA requests
HRIS and Reporting
- Maintain Human Resource Information System (HRIS) records
- Assist or lead the generation of HR reports and metrics.
- Research and implement solutions that provide employee self-service at high levels of quality
- Manage and coordinate the ongoing maintenance of the Sylvania office
- Manage and coordinate any physical design changes in offices, including displays, and assigning/forecasting workspaces
Desired Skills and Qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree in business
- Three to five years of HR experience as a generalist or a key player in compensation, benefits, or HR systems
- Strong analytical skills
- Experience in running reports and using databases
- Proficient in MS Office products (Excel, Word, Outlook, and PowerPoint)