Marketing Specialist – Sylvania
Become a member of an influential marketing team that is leading the charge of raising brand awareness for Root Inc. and helping cultivate the organization’s double-digit growth.
The Marketing Specialist is part of the Demand Creation team. This team is responsible for partnering with individual sales and consulting people to leverage and build their networks, deploy targeted campaigns to those networks, and turn leads into stronger relationships and sales opportunities. Targeted campaigns include customizing centralized marketing activities and outreach based on the individual’s expertise in the market. Marketing Specialists are both consultative and analytical and are responsible for helping sales leaders hit key metrics.
Does this describe you?
- A colossal collaborator. You love partnering. You love blending great ideas and developing the very best campaign. You would rather work together than drive things on your own.
- You have passion for networking and building relationships. You know great networking isn’t about swapping business cards. It’s about discovering people’s needs, what makes them tick, providing value, and creating connections for today and the future.
- You are highly motivated. When tasked with executing a marketing program, you lean in to research and collaborate with a sales leader. From thought leadership to event follow-up, you have it all covered. And that moment after the program is completed and is a huge success? That, to you, is PRICELESS.
- You get things done. You thrive in a fast-paced environment and juggle multiple projects at once. You balance the demands of a variety of stakeholders so that at the end of the day, the programs and partnerships are a success.
- You have a keen eye for the details. Keeping a pulse check on response activities fuels your next move. Sharing learnings and data to validate what is working with your partners is the key to improvement, while always crossing your t’s and dotting your i’s to make sure it’s accurate.
- You love data mining and marketing technology. You are current on marketing automation tools and understand how powerful they can be in building connections. You have a yen for tracking and interpreting data and love to glean insights about what’s working to inform new approaches, improvements, and next steps.
On any given day at Root, you might…
- Build brand awareness and create leads. Combining digital methods with content and tools, you drive awareness of Root, turn that awareness into leads, help get meetings and create opportunities and, if the stars align, generate new business. Your target audiences include human resources, operations, strategy, and training and learning professionals in Fortune 1000 organizations.
- Interface with partners. By developing individualized and targeted marketing plans for each of the partners you support, you provide counsel on how to deploy marketing tools and campaigns. You listen to what their prospects or clients need so you can help take their brands and results to the next level.
- Prioritize and manage like a rock star. With a to-do list that’s ever-changing, you understand the importance of prioritizing and reprioritizing and have the confidence to hold your partners to the same standard.
- Bachelor’s degree in marketing or sales
- At least two years of experience in B2B marketing or sales
- Experience working with sales teams and supporting marketing programs
- Ability to juggle multiple programs at one time to drive awareness and sales.
- Using LinkedIn to generate leads is a plus
- Experience using sales and marketing technologies such as CRM (Salesforce Sales Cloud) and MAS (Eloqua preferred)
- Knowledge of the SiriusDecisions Demand Waterfall model a plus
About Root: The world’s most respected organizations rely on Root to realize positive strategic or cultural change. By engaging and activating people throughout the process, Root uses a combination of visual methods, innovation, and interactivity to achieve measurable and sustainable results. For more than 25 years, Root has helped organizations achieve meaningful change, leaders deliver strategic clarity, and teams close organizational gaps. With a nationally renowned reputation and a bold culture of “whatever it takes,” Root has engaged with more than 70% of Fortune 50 companies. Visit rootinc.com to learn more.