Marketing Specialist – Chicago
Become a member of an influential team charged with shaping the direction of Root Inc’s sales and marketing strategy.
The Chicago Marketing Specialist is part of the corporate Marketing team. This role is primarily responsible for partnering with the Chicago Geographic Sales Leader to leverage and build their network, deploy targeted campaigns, nurture leads into sales opportunities, and support the progression of opportunities and relationships through the sales cycle. In addition to supporting the Chicago sales leader, this role also supports other Root sales and consulting leaders on nurturing their networks and leads to grow accounts and generate new logo opportunities.
This role requires practical and strategic thinking coupled with excitement to shape the direction of the Chicago sales and marketing strategy. Marketing Specialists are both consultative and analytical and are responsible to help sales leaders identify and hit key metrics.
Does this describe you?
- You know how to capture an audience. Through partnership with the sales and marketing teams, you develop compelling and relevant strategies, events and campaigns that capture the interest of clients.
- A colossal collaborator. You love partnering. Actually, you would rather work with others than drive things on your own. Rather it’s with your internal business partners or external resources, you work with and thorugh others to get things done.
- You’re all about taking “it” to the next level. Keeping a pulse on response activities fuels your next move. You understand that measuring, analyzing and sharing insights is the key to improvement. You lean into challenges and assignments, accepting nothing less than success – which to you is priceless.
- You have a keen eye for the details.
- You get things done. You thrive in a fast-paced environment and juggle multiple projects at once. You balance the demands of a variety of stakeholders so that at the end of the day, the programs and partnerships are a success.
- You love data mining and marketing technology. You are current on marketing automation tools and understand how powerful they can be in building connections. You have a yen for tracking and interpreting data and love to glean insights about what’s working to inform new approaches, improvements, and next steps.
On any given day at Root, you might…
- Build brand awareness and create leads. Combining digital methods with content and tools, you drive awareness of Root, turn that awareness into leads, help get meetings and create opportunities and, if the stars align, generate new business. Your target audiences include human resources, operations, strategy, and training and learning professionals in Fortune 1000 organizations.
- Interface with partners. By developing individualized and targeted marketing plans for each of the partners you support, you provide counsel on how to deploy marketing tools and campaigns. You listen to what their prospects or clients need so you can help take their brands and results to the next level.
- Prioritize and manage like a rock star. With a to-do list that’s ever-changing, you understand the importance of prioritizing and reprioritizing and have the confidence to hold your partners to the same standard.
- Bachelor’s degree in marketing or sales
- 2 years experience in b-to-b marketing or sales. Experience working with sales teams and supporting marketing programs to drive awareness and sales. Using LinkedIn to generate leads is a plus.
- Experience using sales and marketing technologies such as CRM (SalesForce Sales Cloud) and MAS (Eloqua preferred).
- Knowledge of the SiriusDecisions Demand Waterfall a plus.
- Strong business acumen and knowledge of sales process is key.
About Root: The world’s most respected organizations rely on Root to realize positive strategic or cultural change. By engaging and activating people throughout the process, Root uses a combination of visual methods, innovation, and interactivity to achieve measurable and sustainable results. For more than 25 years, Root has helped organizations achieve meaningful change, leaders deliver strategic clarity, and teams close organizational gaps. With a nationally renowned reputation and a bold culture of “whatever it takes,” Root has engaged with more than 70% of Fortune 50 companies. Visit rootinc.com to learn more.