Director, Strategic Growth
Sylvania, Ohio, OR Chicago, Illinois
Does this describe you?
- You’re a sales guru. You have a passion for sales, networking, building relationships with C-suite people, and closing deals. Engaging in a process that involves investigating, meeting, probing, applying, convincing, and “tying it up” is near and dear to your heart. You relate well with abbreviations like CRM, B2B, SOW, and RFP.
- You’re a self-starter. You thrive in an environment where you can create something out of nothing, initiate conversations, and grow business. Your follow-up and follow-through are out of this world.
- You’re a people person and enjoy collaborating. You juggle the needs of your prospects and clients, and, on occasion, move heaven and earth so that at the end of the day, you close the deal. You’re a team player and love partnering with knowledge experts on visual and creative ways to solve client problems.
- Change management excites you. Changes and challenges are the spice of life. You love solving client problems and making other people’s lives better. Shaping and consulting using Root’s unique capabilities, solutions, and expertise with Fortune 1000 clients is the equation for a perfect day.
On any given day at Root, you might…
- Learn about a client and what’s really happening in their business. We work closely with clients to learn everything about their business and get the right content to enable their people to thrive. It’s also pretty darn interesting to learn what happens behind the scenes at Fortune 1000 companies.
- Cultivate relationships. Whether it’s with a director at Root or the COO of a large retail chain, building trust, establishing relevancy, and developing a close partnership are of paramount importance. You’re an expert and you create value through expertise, speak the same language as the client, understand what keeps them up at night, and cater your interaction and offerings accordingly.
- Make it happen. This is where you put your heart and soul – prospecting interactions, meeting stakeholders, crafting proposals, driving meaningful outcomes, managing procurement, and shepherding legal activities to close big deals – you’re a jack-of-all-sales-trades.
- Collaborate with awesomely talented people. You’ll work with other sales talents, managing directors, consultants, project managers, and marketing to create meaningful client engagements.
- Generate opportunities. Attending conferences or events, following up on marketing-generated leads, mining your network and relationships, pursuing dormant account growth with the support of others and referrals are sure pathways to success.
If you love what you’ve read so far and meet the requirements listed below, we want to hear from you!
- Bachelor’s degree and a minimum of 10 years of business development experience in a service or consulting organization.
- Solid track record of developing strong client relationships and leveraging those into profitable engagements with a consultative sales approach.
- Proven experience managing multiple client relationships to a high standard of excellence.
- Ability to interact and collaborate with people at all levels of a client organization and at Root while developing strong relationships along with influencing skills and practical creativity.
- Solid and confident presentation, communication, and organization skills.
The successful candidate will be tenacious as well as goal and results oriented. He or she will be a self-starter who is able to work well with limited oversight and possesses a high level of self-confidence and an entrepreneurial spirit.