Business Development, Healthcare
Sylvania, Ohio OR Chicago, Illinois office
Does this describe you?
- You’re a sales guru. You have a passion for sales, networking, building relationships with C-Suite people, and closing deals. Engaging in a process that involves investigating, meeting, probing, applying, convincing and “tying it up” is near and dear to your heart. You relate well with acronyms like CRM, B2B, SOW, and RFP.
- You’re a self-starter. You thrive in an environment where you can create something out of nothing, initiate conversations, grow business and your follow-up and follow-through are out of this world.
- You love healthcare. The unprecedented pace of change that’s taking place in the healthcare industry is both stimulating and invigorating to you.
- Change management excites you. Changes and challenges are the spice of life. You love solving client problems and making other people’s lives better. Shaping and consulting using Root’s unique capabilities, solutions, and expertise with Fortune 1000 clients is the equation for a perfect day.
On any given day at Root, you might…
- Learn about a client and what’s really happening in their business. We work closely with clients to learn everything about their business and get the right content to enable their people to thrive. It’s also pretty darn interesting to learn what happens behind the scenes at Fortune 1000 companies.
- Cultivate relationships. Whether it’s a director at Root or a COO of a large retail chain, building trust, establishing relevancy, and developing a close partnership are of paramount importance. You’re a healthcare expert and you create value through expertise, speak the same language as the client, understand what keeps them up at night, and cater your interaction and offerings accordingly.
- Make it happen. This is where you put your heart and soul – prospecting interactions, meeting stakeholders, crafting proposals, driving meaningful outcomes, managing procurement, and shepherding legal activities to close big deals – you’re like a jack-of-all-sales-trades.
- Collaborate with awesomely talented people. You’ll work with other sales talents, managing directors, consultants, project managers, and marketing to create meaningful client engagements.
- Generate opportunities. Attending conferences or events, following up on marketing-generated leads, mining your network and relationships, pursuing dormant account growth with the support of others and referrals are sure pathways to success.
If you love what you’ve read so far and can meet the requirements listed below, we want to hear from you!
- Bachelor’s degree with three to five years of experience as a successful business development executive in a solutions selling environment.
- Solid track record of developing strong client relationships in the health care industry, especially with providers, and leveraging those into profitable engagements with a consultative sales approach.
- Deep expertise in the industry dynamics facing health care providers; able to speak the language of the C-suite of large health systems.
- Exceptional track record of managing the entire sales process from prospecting to opportunity identification to proposal development to closing.
- Capable negotiation skills and ability to develop consensus with internal and external business partners.
- Effective time management and organizational skills along with a strong business acumen.
- Ability to interact and collaborate with people at all levels of a client organization and at Root while developing strong relationships along with influencing skills and practical creativity.
- Solid and confident in presentation, communication, and organization skills.
- The successful candidate will be tenacious as well as goal/results oriented. He/she will be a self-starter who is able to work well with limited oversight and possess a high level of self-confidence and an entrepreneurial spirit.