Associate Research Consultant
Are you a budding researcher looking to use your talents to help some of the most recognized companies/brands make a difference with their employees and customers? Root Inc.’s cause is to invigorate the power of human beings to make a difference, and we need your assistance in developing, executing, and analyzing our clients’ research as part of our Insights team.
As an Associate Research Consultant, you will lead and support qualitative, ethnographic, and quantitative research and will analyze data to uncover the unique human factors that are barriers to or levers for strategic change. You will coordinate and conduct research, take part in collaborative, engaging team and client work sessions, and synthesize and interpret impactful research findings. If this sounds like it’s your calling, we want to hear from you!
- Coordinate field research logistics, including scheduling site visits and booking researcher schedules and travel
- Manage contract researchers, ensuring they deliver quality field notes and interview data
- Travel to research sites as part of a small team or individually to conduct interviews and observational research
- Assist in the analysis of qualitative data
- Assist in the analysis of survey data and the preparation of findings reports
- Work with the team to continually improve processes and methodologies
Desired Qualifications and Skills
- Bachelor’s or master’s degree in a behavioral science field
- 2+ years of research field experience (academic or professional)
- Basic quantitative analysis skills (excel or SPSS)
- Strong in-person and phone interview skills
- Strong observation skills
- Ability to code qualitative data and create themes and patterns
- Strong organizational skills, including the ability to coordinate the logistics for large-scale projects
Preferred Qualifications and Skills:
- Verbal fluency in Spanish or French
- Ability to solve tough problems with creativity
- Ability to quickly become comfortable with new business models and terminology
- Ability to show confidence amid ambiguity
The world’s most respected organizations rely on Root to realize positive strategic or cultural change. By engaging and activating people throughout the process, Root uses a combination of visual methods, innovation, and interactivity to achieve measurable and sustainable results. Based on research and evolved over 25 years, we help organizations achieve meaningful change, leaders deliver strategic clarity, and teams close organizational gaps. With a nationally renowned reputation and a bold culture of “whatever it takes,” Root has engaged with a remarkable two out of three Fortune 50 companies.